My buddy Dip and I embarked on re-purposing discarded dining room chairs into a bench. This blog served as our inspiration: http://www.raisingdickandjane.com
Dip found the starting foundation to the bench - two discarded dining room chairs.
|Discarded chairs found in the trash pile|
Once we got them in the workshop (aka garage), we removed the seat cushion and backing fabric.
|First things first - remove all the fabric.|
|Use pliers to remove fabric staples|
Meet my new miter saw! I named her Melanie miter. She is my best pal when I need to cut wood.
To avoid putting a screw through the chair frame, we added additional framing to the existing chair seat supports.
|We used a spacer between the boards|
We used wood clue to secure the middle piece as well as the front and back rounded edges.
|Clamps used to hold pieces in place|
After everything dried, it was time for sanding.
I primed the chair frames before painting with an exterior paint.
Meet Bianca the Bench! Isn't she a beauty! She is wearing BEHR in the color Spring Stream. She found a new home on our porch and will serve as seating for the dining area section.